Security Engineering Manager, Detection and Response
Posted 3 weeks ago
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Detection & Response team is responsible for the front line of both defense and response to security incidents, helping keep Cloudflare and our customers safe.
About the Role
We are looking for a Security Engineering Manager for the Detection & Response team based in Lisbon. The ideal candidate can think both tactically in dealing with security incidents and strategically in anticipating future threats against our infrastructure, all while working at internet-scale. A combination of hands-on technical skills and strong leadership abilities will be critical in order to be successful.
- Build and lead a team of Security engineers and analysts, working on Detection & Response
- Develop strategies to detect and respond to the latest threats and vulnerabilities
- Institute and improve the Incident Response process and procedures
- Provide recommendations and collaborate with multiple teams to help mature the security posture of the organization
- Coordinate with global cross-functional teams including Product, Communications, Legal, Support and others during security incidents
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership through blog posts and public speaking engagements
- 5+ years of information security experience and experience leading a team with a deep passion for security incident response
- 2+ years of experience in Security Operations or similar environment
- Strong record of working collaboratively with teams across functional and geographic boundaries
- Technical familiarity across various security disciplines – Network Security, EDR, Email Security, Application Security, PaaS, Forensics, etc.
- Programming experience in at least one language is preferred
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Security Informatics or a related field, or equivalent experience.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.